He came to the point at once. 他一下子就说到了点子上。 |
I don’t want to hear it. 我不想聽! |
Pleasure comes through toil. 苦尽甘来。 |
Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的理由。 |
What month is this? 现在是几月? |
The sun comes up in the east. 太阳从东方升起。 |
Computers are becoming a part of our everyday life.电子计算机正渐渐成为我们日常生活的一部分。 |
If you would know the value of money goes and tries to borrow some. 要想知道钱的价值,就想办法去借钱试试。 |
Your English is very good. 你的英语很好。 |
名望吗?那不过是光荣的零头。 Popularity?It's glory's small change. |
我们一定会打败他们。 We are sure to defeat them. |
你开玩笑吧。 You are kidding. |
没有比在悲惨中回忆起幸福的时刻更痛苦。 There is no greater grief than to recall a time of happiness when in misery. |
笑得早也会哭得早。 Laugh before breakfast and you'll cry before supper. |
想吃果子就得上树。 He that would eat the fruit must climb the tree. |
下午6点我下班了。 I finished my work at 6 p.m. |
抓一把就可知整袋装的是什么。/见微知著。 You may know by a handful the whole sack. |
要吃饭就得付帐。/要享乐就得付代价. After dinner comes the reckoning. |
东是东来西是西,两者永远要分离。 East is East and West is West,and never the twain shall meet. |
democracy n. 民主政体,民主,民主社会 |
bud n./vi 芽,萌芽 |
interrogate vt. 审问,询问 |
siege n. 围困;围城 |
preface n./v. 序言;为…加序 |
flux n. 流,流动;不断的变化 |
toss v./n. 扔,掷;摇摆 |
notation n. (数学、音乐)的一套符号 |